STEM develops a set of thinking, reasoning, teamwork, investigative, and creative skills that students can use in college and all areas of their lives.
Friendship understands the importance of developing the math and science skills students need to succeed in an increasingly global world. Our STEM program blends core math and science classes with leading-edge technology and project-based learning beyond the classroom. Driven by a culture that connects the dots between STEM and life, students explore their interests while building the academic foundations for higher education and careers in STEM.
Friendship’s STEM curriculum includes:
- Zula Science (pre-K), FOSS (k-8), Discovery Education (9-12) and Lead the Way (9-12)
- Friendship’s College Board AP program and Honors courses
- Friendship Tech Prep’s academies of Engineering and Applied Science
- Friendship Collegiate’s academies of Health Science and IT and Engineering
- STEM competitions including Friendship’s STEM Fair and the FIRST Robotics Competition
- After school activities such as engineering, robotics and environmental science clubs
Our team of curriculum specialists, instructional coaches and lead teachers guide students as they deepen their knowledge through the study of diverse STEM pathways. Whether analyzing solar eclipse wind patterns, building airborne drones or interning at NASA, students are motivated to work hard, discover new opportunities and ultimately, enter the STEM pipeline.