Seek qualified vendors for Related Services for Students Requiring Clinical Services.
Friendship provides related services to children and adolescents who have been identified as requiring clinical services on their IEP’s. Related service providers perform clinical services to assist in treatment planning. Related service clinicians provide ethically appropriate, theoretically sound, culturally informed, and holistic interventions to address student issues and enhance student strengths. Clinical duties may include: providing individual, family, and group counseling, case management and collaboration or speech and language therapy in addition to occupational or physical therapy.
Friendship seeks service providers who will help children with disabilities benefit from their special education by providing extra help and support in needed areas, such as speaking, moving or behavioral support. Related services can include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- speech-language pathology and audiology services
- interpreting services
- psychological services
- physical and occupational therapy
- recreation, including therapeutic recreation
- early identification and assessment of disabilities in children
- counseling services, including rehabilitation counseling
- orientation and mobility services
- medical services for diagnostic or evaluation purposes
- school health services and school nurse services
- social work services in schools
- parent counseling and training