Seek qualified vendors for Consulting Services in Special Education Programing and Compliance Enhancements
Friendship Public Charter School is seeking consulting services to assist in the assessment of the current special education program. The consultant will provide recommendations on edits and enhancements that can be made to improve the current program and ensure that it is aligned with legal requirements and provides quality services for students with disabilities.
The scope of work for this project includes, but is not be limited to the following:
- Review of policies, procedures, and practices to ensure legal compliance
- Edit of the Friendship Public Charter School Special Education Handbook
- Study of the existing programming for students with intellectual disabilities and recommend improvements to the continuum of services offered,
- Make recommendations on how to expand the program offerings for students with emotional disabilities through high school
- Assess the professional development needs of principals and key special education staff and provide recommendations on what training is needed and how and where the recommended PD can be
The consultant will assist the Friendship Public Charter School, Student Services, staff in the enhancement of programming for students with disabilities and provide guidance on how to support school staff.