Registration is Open for Quarter 4 – Starting March 29, 2021!
Friendship Public Charter School campuses are opening for fourth quarter for a limited number of students. Therefore, the Friendship Cares Extended Day Program will provide aftercare services for those students attending in-person instruction. We will frequently assess the District’s health metrics and other conditions to inform our planning and eventual return of all students to school buildings.
Although we will operate a modified program for fourth quarter, Friendship Cares is still a fee-based licensed childcare program. Therefore, the online application must be completed and all OSSE-required documents (including health and dental forms) must be updated and submitted in order to be considered for enrollment.
The modified program will operate in compliance with guidance related to COVID-19 as required by the D.C. Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) and the D.C. Health Department.
The Friendship Cares Extended Day Program is offered at the following campuses for students participating in in-person learning:
- Friendship Armstrong Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
- Friendship Blow Pierce Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
- Friendship Chamberlain Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
- Friendship Ideal Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
- Friendship Southeast Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
- Friendship Woodridge Intl. Elementary (Pre-K3-8th grade)
Friendship Cares provides two distinct experiences:
- The Early Childhood Pathway is designed for scholars currently in Pre-K3, Pre-K4, and Kindergarten only, with a focus on early literacy development through read alouds, dramatic play, and lessons that teach students to positively self-regulate their emotions.
- After-care: 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- The Junior Scholars Pathway is designed for students currently in 1st through 6th grade, with a focus on homework help and math and reading intervention. In addition, students will participate in read alouds and independent reading.
- After-care: 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Staffed by early childhood professionals, Friendship Cares maintains a staff-to-student ratio in compliance with COVID-19 guidance.
Please note that Friendship Cares is a licensed, fee-based childcare program. Subsidy and scholarships are available to parents who qualify.
Current Friendship Cares parents:
- Credit card payments can be made online at our Parent Portal.
- Your feedback is important. Please complete our Online Survey.
New Friendship Cares parents:
- Registration is open and must be completed online through the Parent Portal. If you have requested and was approved for your child to attend school in-person, please complete the online application and submit all required, up-to-date documentation and forms as soon as possible.
- Click here to open an account and complete an application. There are no paper applications.
- The online application and all OSSE required forms must be completed and approved before your child is fully admitted and can start the program.
- Friendship Cares is fee-based. Parents pay a weekly fee or are eligible for a subsidy.
- Interested in subsidized childcare? Click here to contact our eligibility specialist.
For questions, contact Friendship’s Office of Extended Learning Programs at 202.281.1700 or FriendshipCares@friendshipschools.org.