Friendship Cares is Friendship Public Charter School’s licensed extended day program operated at all five elementary campuses:
1) Friendship Armstrong (Preschool - 5th grade) - 1400 First St, NW
2) Friendship Blow Pierce (Preschool - 8th grade) - 725 19th St, NE
3) Friendship Chamberlain (Preschool - 8th grade) - 1345 Potomac Ave, SE
4) Friendship Southeast (Preschool - 5th grade) - 645 Milwaukee Pl, SE
5) Friendship Woodridge (Preschool - 8th grade) - 2959 Carlton Ave, NE
Unlike many traditional after-care programs, Friendship Cares is not a “baby-sitting” service. Our goal is to use the additional learning time after school to help get your child "college ready". In order for your child to reap the full benefits of our program, attendance is important. We ask that you not pick up your child until the program ends at 6:30 pm.
Friendship Cares has two distinct pathways for students:
1) The Early Childhood Pathway is designed for children in preschool through 3rd grade. The academic focus for these students is literacy (reading and writing) and math instruction.
2) The Junior Scholars Pathway is designed for children in 4th through 7th grades. The academic focus for these students is homework assistance and intervention (math & reading labs).
In addition to academic support, all Friendship Cares students are engaged in character education activities (during before-care), 21st Century skills building, and enrichment activities, including field trips and community service projects.
Friendship Cares is staffed with early childhood professionals and our staff-to-child ratio never exceeds 1 to 15. The program is managed by Friendship’s Office of Extended Learning Programs and staff can be reached during normal business hours at 202-281-1700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For current Friendship Cares parents:
1) NOW AVAILABLE!! Credit card payments can be made online at our Parent Portal!
2) Your FEEDBACK is very important to us! Complete an online survey at any time to let us know how we are doing.
For new Friendship Cares parents:
1) Enrollment is on-going throughout the school year. Print and submit the enrollment application to the Main Office of your child's school or directly to the After Care Coordinator. The enrollment application and all supplemental forms must be completed and approved before your child can be fully admitted and start the program.
2) Friendship Cares is a fee-based program. Parents either pay a weekly fee or are subsidized by D.C. government (if income eligible). The weekly fee for the 2015-16 school year is $70.
3) If you are interested in receiving subsidized childcare, do one of the following: