Collegiate Academy offers an array of after-school programs designed to support academic achievement and individual student development.
Student Clubs & Associations
- Leadership, Character & Justice Program. Founded by 21-year military veteran and retired State Trooper Kem Cooper, Collegiate's Leadership, Character and Justice program exposes ninth through 12th grade students to law and public safety professions while preparing them as leaders who understand responsibility, pride and public service.
- Robotics Team. Sponsored by NASA and the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), the robotics program encourages students to explore careers in technology and engineering. During the school year, the robotics team — RoboKnights — participate in a number of prestigious competitions including the multinational FIRST Robotics Competition. In 2006, the team won first place in the NSBE West Point Bridge Design competition, sponsored a student ambassador to Istanbul, Turkey, and visited Carnegie Mellon University among other activities.
- Friendship News Network. Collegiate Academy has one of six after school news bureaus for Friendship News Network, the online news network by and for all Friendship students.
- National Honor Society
- Collegiate Student Government Association
- Debate Club
- Science ClubWorld Language Club
- Drama Club
- Art Club
- Yearbook Club
- Step Team
- Community Service Club
Collegiate Academy partners with various community-based and cultural institutions to provide enrichment and activities for students. Partnerships include:
- Arena Stage Student Playwrights
- Washington Performing Arts Society In-School Artist Residency Program
- Dance Institute of Washington Master Teachers
- Shakespeare Theater's Text Alive!
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Community Partnership Program
Collegiate Academy students learn 21st-century skills in a fully-integrated, technology-rich SmartLab that includes hardware, software, electronics, multimedia equipment, and construction kits and manipulatives. After school, the SmartLab is home to Collegiate's Robotics team.