The mission of Friendship Public Charter School is to provide a world-class education that motivates students to achieve high academic standards, enjoy learning, and develop as ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens who contribute actively to their communities.
What We Do
Friendship Public Charter School operates 11 public charter school campuses housed on seven sites in the District of Columbia. Friendship campuses serving students from pre-school (three years old) to 12th grade.
Friendship operates around a simple principle: all students must be prepared for higher education and the career of their choice by ensuring mastery of the skills, knowledge, and tools needed to succeed in the 21st century global economy. Friendship's unique educational model improves academic performance, develops the "whole child," offers families wrap-around social services, and directs students to college and a solid, rewarding future. Through innovative, challenging classroom learning experiences and extended learning programs, Friendship instills an appreciation for education and high academic and personal standards, preparing students to become responsible contributors to their communities and world.
We expect every member of the Friendship family - students, teachers, parents, staff members, school leaders, and board members - to exemplify the following values in everything that they do:
- Integrity. Be honest and fair to others.
- Responsibility. Choose right over wrong. Accept consequences for your actions.
- Confidence. Know that you can achieve.
- Caring. Help others.
- Commitment. Find your purpose and stay true to it.
- Patience. Face problems with understanding, not anger or violence.
- Persistence. Do not allow anyone, not even yourself, to steer you off the road to success. Be determined to achieve.
- Respect. Hold others in high regard and understand that you can learn from them. See each person's value.
Explore Career Opportunities